Total Pageviews

Friday, January 14, 2011

When did we decide to fight?

Carrie here:
Well, I have to say it's been in us all along, but the actual date we had 'decided' on was the day after our 23rd wedding anniversary.  Our 23rd wedding anniversary was on August 29th 2010.  Now, we have not been completely faithful to this 'diet' since our start date on Aug 30 2010 but, I have to say we had more good days then bad.  We took a few weeks off in Dec while we prepared to throw my husbands parents a 50th wedding anniversary party.  That of course should not have been an excuse, but if there were one, that would be it. 
We decided to put together a plan, to cook good meals and to eventually start to exercise.  We have not started the later yet but we DO intend to very soon.  Our meals are fabulous I have to say.  My hubby is a great inventor when it comes to thinking up healthy quick meals :D  We do plan on sharing some of those recipes with you all and give you all the health/calorie info on them as well.  That's IF we get some readers ;D 
Today was a not so good for me...I got a bad phone call and...well...yes, another excuse *sigh*.  Well, tomorrow is going to be a great day and a 'start again' of sorts for me.  We are both almost back down to our pre-anniversary party weight so that's a good thing.  I plan on hitting that in a week or two and continue from there.   Our no soda plan is still a success though!  I am very proud of that!  I thank Dr Oz for that one ;)  AND for getting me started on this whole thing.  I seen the Just 10 challenge and decided to join.  So far to date I have lost 33 lbs :D Well folks...that's it for now.  Hope to see some readers soon :D

4 comments:

  1. congrats on the weight loss that is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soumds like me and Kevin. He has some extra pounds he really needs to take but finds reasons all the time not to do what he needs to do.

    Me on the other hand had gastric bypass surgery this Dec. 13th and it's been horrible. I'm still waiting for the day I turn the corner and I start to feel better.

    I also have a weight loss blog. Check me out. I'll be adding your's to my readers list.
    www.mycrazyweightlossjourney.com

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here. Cliff and I are working on our weight and our diets also. Eating out will kill all good intentions, not to mention breaking the budget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be here reading - glad you started writing again!

    ReplyDelete