Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Nature Abhors a Calorie Vacuum

At least that is my theory. It helps explain why attempting to lose weight causes anti-diet activity around you.

I've found that losing weight causes...
  • your friends and co-workers to invite you to join them for lunch more often.
  • others to pick the more fattening places to eat out.
  • the sudden appearance of snacks, candy and/or pastries around your workplace.
  • you to win or be given free meals, gift cards or coupons for dining out.
I must have done well over the weekend because today it seems that everywhere I went at work there were doughnuts and other pastry sitting around for the taking. I wasn't so surprised about the (very yummy looking) doughnuts in the break room, but what's with the tray of apple turnovers on the table in the computer lab?

2 comments:

  1. That's funny...I totally agree with you! It happens at work too. All of a sudden we have free cookies and donuts that people are bringing in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!!! I get asked if I want to order in food and I won $8 for Gilly's in Milwaukee. Wow that is funny. Though I usually weigh in a few times a week I haven't weighed in and should. AND I am having an issue with my knee and I thought it was in general BUT I think it may be my tennis shoes. So this weekend I am going to try my old New balance and bare foot and then my new tennis shoes. Then we will try again at longer times. When we were at Blue harbor my knee didn't hurt but I walked in the lazy river.

    ReplyDelete