Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

Whats Cooking???

Tonight Cory and I did A LOT of cooking together.  It was fun, we talked a lot, talked about our health, the kids, and I realized how good I have it here too :D  I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family. 
So on our shopping day which is usually Wed or Sat as that is double coupon days, we got 2 large chuck roasts (a total of 22.00).  We don't buy reg ground beef anymore because knowing whats all ground up in it just scares us.  YUCK!  SO we cut off all the fat and  grind our own!  Out of those two large chuck roasts we got 41 servings of beef made up as Hamb patties, Roast, Stir fry, Beef Barley Soup, Hamb Helper (had it in the cupboard...usually we don't make boxed meals and won't anymore now that it's gone), Spaghetti, and another type of Stir Fry.    Then buying a few chicken breasts, and a helping of Fish we have all the meat we will need for two weeks.  We have to buy milk, bread, veggies...stuff like that too of course, but meat is always the most expensive part of shopping I think.

I assume that when my daughter comes to do laundry she will take some of that home...she does that, and it's ok with us because at least we know she's getting SOME healthy meals vs going to Mc Donald's and Taco Bell all the time.  Living on her own it's easy and more convenient for her to do that. 
We has beef with cauliflower and snow peas for dinner tonight and it was SOO good.  But food is always better when your hungry :D I always thought that. 
Oh and BTW, if you want a REALLY good stir fry PLEASE invest in a good cast iron pan...or if you have a good wok that would be perfect too.  We don't own a wok so cast iron is our beast of choice. 
Tonight for a snack will be Weight Watchers yogurt for me and Cory eats Fruit on the bottom stuff...I don't like all the fruit chunks in there so I choose WW it's smooth and just plain yummy AND it has live culters  like his does which is very good for you.  We are going to start the "no eating after 8pm" thing again starting tonight and of course sticking with the NO soda rule except on special occasions (once in a great while).  So what we do is eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.  Total of six meals...three of those very lite meals for example (a banana with yogurt) or some nuts.  That is what we did the past months and we have done SO well so we want to try it again and lose another 30 + lbs :D  Well, that's it for now...I'm sure Cory will be adding an entry soon here also.  Good Night all, have a wonderful day :D

2 comments:

  1. Too bad we have over twenty pounds of white rice left to use up. If we didn't we would have used brown rice for the stir fry.

    It tastes great and is certainly better for you. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=128

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read something that said if your great great grand parent would not recognize it then don't eat it. As far as fast food Taco Bell fresco menu and subway are probably the healthiest for Alex. I have to say every once in a while I want french fries. But after I eat a few I can't eat any more as they are so salty. I recently made some from sweet potatoes. They were good. Though my kids hate sweet potatoes. I could eat them every day.

    ReplyDelete